OLD EDWARDS CELEBRATES EASTER
EGG DECORATING, BONNET MAKING, BASKETS, BRUNCH AND A VISIT FROM THE EASTER BUNNY
(Highlands, NC) Old Edwards Inn will bloom with Easter magic this March. Couples and families can participate in traditional Easter activities, each with its own Old Edwards flair, and even the Easter Bunny will step out for this special occasion.
The Easter festivities continue throughout the weekend of March 30 and 31. On Easter, enjoy brunch in Madison’s Restaurant. The full schedule of activities includes:
- Easter Egg Decorating, Saturday, March 30 from 3 pm to 4 pm
- Easter Bonnet Making, Saturday, March 30 from 3 pm to 4 pm
- Special Easter Day Brunch, Sunday, March 31 from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm
- Easter Bunny Visit on the Croquet Lawn, Sunday, March 31 from 1 pm to 2 pm
- Easter Egg Hunt on the Croquet Lawn, Sunday, March 31 starting at 1:30 pm
- Face Painting on the Croquet Lawn, Sunday, March 31 from 1 pm to 3 pm
- Old Edwards Easter Egg Baskets for the Kids with Special Add-ins Available at Oakleaf Flower and Garden
- Sunday Spa Special: 20% off services when booking two or more services per person
For Easter Weekend rates and packages, call 828-787-2625 or visit oldedwardsinn.com/EasterCelebration. For Madison’s Easter Day Brunch reservations call 828-787-2525.
About Old Edwards Inn and Spa (oldedwardsinn.com)
- 2013 Travel and Leisure World’s Best Hotels List
- 2013 Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List
- 2013 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards #14 Hotel in The United States
- 2013 Us News & World Report #3 Hotel in North Carolina
- 2012 Southern Living South’s Coziest Inn
- 2012 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards #4 Hotel in The United States
- 2012 Travel and Leisure a Top 50 Resort
- 2012 Travel and Leisure #9 Most Romantic Hotel in The United States
- 2011 TripAdvisor Reader's Choice Award for #4 Best Relaxation Spa Hotel in the U.S.
- 2011 TripAdvisor Reader's Choice Award for #2 Best Hotel for Romance in the U.S.
- 2011 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for Madison’s Restaurant
- 2011 Condé Nast Traveler’s #3 Hotel Spa in the United States
- 2010 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award (top ten in the US)
- 2010 Condé Nast Traveler’s #1 Hotel Spa in North America with the First Ever Perfect Score in the 20-Year History of the Reader’s Survey
- Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden has won the Wine Spectator “Award of Excellence” every year since 2005 and the “Best Of” award since 2008.
The Forbes Four-Star Old Edwards Inn and Spa cascades along several blocks in downtown Highlands—a cultural mountain village that offers award-winning dining, wine events, art galleries and some of the nation’s top golf resorts. The European style resort welcomes visitors to North Carolina’s high country with its unique blend of relaxed luxury recognized worldwide. A spectacular outdoor heated mineral pool, world class spa, award-winning dining, and golf at the private Old Edwards Club are signature experiences at this full-service mountain resort. Guests are surrounded by the warmth and character of Old-Europe architecture and authentic period antiques. Many rooms, cottages and suites offer private patios or terraces—some with captivating rooftop views of Main Street and downtown Highlands. All of the luxury accommodations include champagne arrival, twice-daily housekeeping, two 24-hour business centers and two 24-hour Butler’s pantries with Dove Bars, fresh fruit and soft beverages. European bedding, fine Italian linens, plush robes & slippers, rainfall showers, heated-tile bathroom floors, in-room safes and Wi-Fi enhance the in-room experience. Old Edwards Inn and Spa also boasts a state-of-the art fitness center with wellness classes that include guided hikes into the scenic surrounding mountains known as “waterfall country.”
Guests enjoy onsite shopping at the Spa Boutique, Acorns Boutique or Acorns on Church featuring fine antiques and home accessories. Dining venues include Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden serving innovative New South Cuisine, the Spa Café and the Poolside Bar and Bistro. Special events and weddings take place at The Farm—a lushly landscaped Old Edwards property located one mile from downtown Highlands featuring The Barn, the Farmhouse with luxury lodging, Bridal Pavilion, Bridal Bridge over a scenic pond and outdoor events pavilion. The Edwards Hall Conference Center provides a catered corporate retreat venue.
The Falls Cottages are the newest addition to Old Edwards and can now be booked for stays beginning in July 2013. Constructed of native wood and stone and featuring the sumptuous comforts and fine details that characterize all Old Edwards accommodations, they offer the perfect ambiance of rustic elegance. The Falls Cottages surround an outdoor heated mineral pool and whirlpool with lush landscaping and a freestanding fireplace for cozy gatherings. They are just steps away from the Lodge Lobby and Bar, the Kelsey Game Room, the Croquet Lawn, another outdoor heated mineral pool, whirlpool and poolside bar and cabana. The multi-bedroom cottages feature common living areas and can be opened up as full cottages, making them perfect for groups or family gatherings.