Old Edwards Inn and Spa Voted #3 Best Hotel in North Carolina
February 11, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Amanda Sullivan, 828-200-0650
OLD EDWARDS INN AND SPA VOTED #3 BEST HOTEL IN NORTH CAROLINA
BY US NEWS & WORLD REPORT
(Highlands, NC) Old Edwards Inn and Spa was named #3 Best Hotel in North Carolina by US News in its annual “2013 Best Hotels in the USA” list.
To create this year’s rankings, U.S. News factored in industry awards a hotel receives, along with its reputation among travel experts and guests. In total, 1,639 U.S. luxury hotels and 273 Caribbean hotels were analyzed for the 2013 rankings.
“This is our third year ranking hotels and the bar continues to climb for luxury properties,” Chad Smolinski, vice president of rankings and reviews at U.S. News, said in a statement. “Desirable amenities and hotel loyalty programs will no longer suffice. People are seeking hotels that go above and beyond to give their guests an unforgettable experience. Hotels that consistently meet the high expectations of experts and travelers are recognized in our rankings.”
Old Edwards President, Richard Delany says, “We appreciate this ranking for Old Edwards Inn and Spa by US News and World Report. And we congratulate the other two NC hotels in the top three: The Fearrington House Inn in Pittsboro and The Umstead Hotel and Spa in Cary. North Carolina has long been known as a top travel destination for recreation and spectacular scenery, and the growing recognition of our hotels and resorts by national and international rating systems shows that we continue to create the types of experiences and accommodations that travelers are seeking.”
About Old Edwards Inn and Spa (oldedwardsinn.com)
- 2013 Travel and Leisure World’s Best Hotels List
- 2013 Condé Nast Traveler’s Gold List
- 2013 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards #14 Hotel in The United States
- 2012 Southern Living South’s Coziest Inn
- 2012 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards #4 Hotel in The United States
- 2012 Travel and Leisure a Top 50 Resort
- 2012 Travel and Leisure #9 Most Romantic Hotel in The United States
- 2011 TripAdvisor Reader's Choice Award for #4 Best Relaxation Spa Hotel in the U.S.
- 2011 TripAdvisor Reader's Choice Award for #2 Best Hotel for Romance in the U.S.
- 2011 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for Madison’s Restaurant
- 2011 Condé Nast Traveler’s #3 Hotel Spa in the United States
- 2010 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award (top ten in the US)
- 2010 Condé Nast Traveler’s #1 Hotel Spa in North America with the First Ever Perfect Score in the 20-Year History of the Reader’s Survey
- 2008 Condé Nast Johansen’s Most Excellent Inn in the US and Canada
- Forbes Four-Star Rated for both the Resort and The Spa
- AAA Four-Diamond Rated
- Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden has won the Wine Spectator “Award of Excellence” every year since 2005 and the “Best Of” award since 2008.
Old Edwards Inn and Spa cascades along several blocks in downtown Highlands—a cultural mountain village that offers award-winning dining, wine events, art galleries and some of the nation’s top golf resorts. The European style resort welcomes visitors to North Carolina’s high country with its unique blend of relaxed luxury recognized worldwide. A spectacular outdoor heated mineral pool, world class spa, award-winning dining, and golf at the private Old Edwards Club are signature experiences at this full-service mountain resort. Guests are surrounded by the warmth and character of Old-Europe architecture and authentic period antiques. Many rooms, cottages and suites offer private patios or terraces—some with captivating rooftop views of Main Street and downtown Highlands. All of the luxury accommodations include champagne arrival, twice-daily housekeeping, two 24-hour business centers and two 24-hour Butler’s pantries with Dove Bars, fresh fruit and soft beverages. European bedding, fine Italian linens, plush robes & slippers, rainfall showers, heated-tile bathroom floors, in-room safes and Wi-Fi enhance the in-room experience. Old Edwards Inn and Spa also boasts a state-of-the art fitness center with wellness classes that include guided hikes into the scenic surrounding mountains known as “waterfall country.”
Guests enjoy onsite shopping at the Spa Boutique, Acorns Boutique or Acorns on Church featuring fine antiques and home accessories. Dining venues include Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden serving innovative New South Cuisine, the Spa Café and the Poolside Bar and Bistro. Special events and weddings take place at The Farm—a lushly landscaped Old Edwards property located one mile from downtown Highlands featuring The Barn, the Farmhouse with luxury lodging, Bridal Pavilion, Bridal Bridge over a scenic pond and outdoor events pavilion. The Edwards Hall Conference Center provides a catered corporate retreat venue.
The Falls Cottages are the newest addition to Old Edwards and can now be booked for stays beginning in July 2013. Constructed of native wood and stone and featuring the sumptuous comforts and fine details that characterize all Old Edwards accommodations, they offer the perfect ambiance of rustic elegance. The Falls Cottages surround an outdoor heated mineral pool and whirlpool with lush landscaping and a freestanding fireplace for cozy gatherings. They are just steps away from the Lodge Lobby and Bar, the Kelsey Game Room, the Croquet Lawn, another outdoor heated mineral pool, whirlpool and poolside bar and cabana. The multi-bedroom cottages feature common living areas and can be opened up as full cottages, making them perfect for groups or family gatherings.