Old Edwards Presents a Monticello Vineyards Wine Dinner for 2013
A four-course meal prepared by Executive Chef Johannes Klapdohr will be paired with Monticello Vineyard wines. Some of the menu items include Bacon Wrapped Quail Roulade on Beluga Lentil Purée, Cassoulet of Maine Lobster and Duck Confit, Venison and Foie Gras Fritters on Salsify Purée, Painted Hills Farms Beef Wellington “à la Madison’s”, and Warm Chocolate Ganache Tart with Rich Chocolate Glazed Mocha Crémeux, Preserved Blackberry Coulis and Espresso Ice Cream.
Monticello Vineyards is located in Napa Valley, which is known for its extraordinary wines. As the first Agricultural Preserve in the US, it's also a region of incomparable natural beauty and winegrowing heritage being preserved for future generations by its leadership in land and community stewardship. Though just 4% of California's wine grape harvest, clearly Napa Valley is small in size, yet big in stature. In 1969, Jay Corley came to Napa Valley to produce world-class wines. Today, the Corley family proudly nurtures five small vineyard sites that produce lush, limited-edition wines.
The Wine Dinner is one of many events planned for Winter Romance Weekend. Love will be in the air with special events around town, like:
• FREE Champagne Reception with Live Entertainment in the Hummingbird Lounge
• FREE Waltz Lessons at Old Edwards
• FREE Guided Hikes and Historic Walking Tours at Old Edwards
• Couples Spa Specials at Old Edwards
Seating at the wine dinner is limited. To schedule your Winter Romance Weekend, call 828-787-2625 or visit www.oldedwardsinn.com/WinterRomance.
About Old Edwards Inn and Spa (www.oldedwardsinn.com)
- Condé Nast Traveler’s #1 Hotel Spa in North America for 2010 with the First Ever Perfect Score in the 20-Year History of the Reader’s Survey
- Condé Nast Traveler’s #3 Hotel Spa in the United States for 2011
- 2010 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award (top ten in the US)
- 2011 TripAdvisor Reader's Choice Award for #4 Best Relaxation Spa Hotel in the U.S.
- 2011 TripAdvisor Reader's Choice Award for #2 Best Hotel for Romance in the U.S.
- 2011 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for Madison’s Restaurant
- 2012 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards #4 Hotel in The United States
- Condé Nast Johansen’s Most Excellent Inn in the US and Canada 2008
- Forbes Four-Star Rated for both the Resort and The Spa
- AAA Four-Diamond Rated
- Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden has won the Wine Spectator “Award of Excellence” every year since 2005 and the “Best Of” award since 2008.
Old Edwards Inn and Spa cascades along several blocks in downtown Highlands—a cultural mountain village that offers award-winning dining, wine events, art galleries and some of the nation’s top golf resorts. The European style resort welcomes visitors to North Carolina’s high country with its unique blend of relaxed luxury recognized worldwide. A spectacular outdoor heated mineral pool, world class spa, award-winning dining, and golf at the private Old Edwards Club are signature experiences at this full-service mountain resort. Guests are surrounded by the warmth and character of Old-Europe architecture and authentic period antiques. Many rooms, cottages and suites offer private patios or terraces—some with captivating rooftop views of Main Street and downtown Highlands. All of the luxury accommodations include champagne arrival, twice-daily housekeeping, two 24-hour business centers and two 24-hour Butler’s pantries with Dove Bars, fresh fruit and soft beverages. European bedding, fine Italian linens, plush robes & slippers, rainfall showers, heated-tile bathroom floors, in-room safes and Wi-Fi enhance the in-room experience. Old Edwards Inn and Spa also boasts a state-of-the art fitness center with wellness classes that include guided hikes into the scenic surrounding mountains known as “waterfall country.”
Guests enjoy onsite shopping at the Spa Boutique, Acorns Boutique or Acorns on Church featuring fine antiques and home accessories. Dining venues include Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden serving innovative New South Cuisine, the Spa Café and the Poolside Bar and Bistro. Special events and weddings take place at The Farm—a lushly landscaped Old Edwards property located one mile from downtown Highlands featuring The Barn, the Farmhouse with luxury lodging, Bridal Pavilion, Bridal Bridge over a scenic pond and outdoor events pavilion. The Edwards Hall Conference Center provides a catered corporate retreat venue.
The Falls Cottages are the newest addition to Old Edwards and can now be booked for stays beginning in July 2013. Constructed of native wood and stone and featuring the sumptuous comforts and fine details that characterize all Old Edwards accommodations, they offer the perfect ambiance of rustic elegance. The Falls Cottages surround an outdoor heated mineral pool and whirlpool with lush landscaping and a freestanding fireplace for cozy gatherings. They are just steps away from the Lodge Lobby and Bar, the Kelsey Game Room, the Croquet Lawn, another outdoor heated mineral pool, whirlpool and poolside bar and cabana. The multi-bedroom cottages feature common living areas and can be opened up as full cottages, making them perfect for groups or family gatherings.