St. Patrick’s Day Weekend at Old Edwards Includes Vacation Giveaway and “The Irish Coffee-Making Experience”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Amanda Sullivan, 828-200-0650
St. Patrick’s Day Weekend at Old Edwards
Includes Vacation Giveaway and “The Irish Coffee-Making Experience”
(Highlands, NC) In celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, guests of the Four-Star Old Edwards Inn and Spa in the Blue Ridge Mountains town of Highlands, NC will enjoy an Irish weekend March 16 through 18, 2012. Cy Timmons will perform live over the weekend singing Irish favorites. Madison’s Restaurant will feature Irish dishes with an Old Edwards twist. Irish beers and cocktails like the Black Velvet and Whiskey Tonic will be featured on drink menus that also amuse guests with Irish jokes, quotes and interesting historical and cultural tidbits.
Guests of Old Edwards will enjoy:
- An authentic Irish Whiskey Tasting Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17 from 4pm to 5pm in the Hummingbird Lounge. Compare Whiskey from the three main distilleries of Ireland with some favorite American Whiskeys and comparable brands of Scotch.
- Old Edwards’ Irish Laddie, Thomas Keenan presenting the authentic Irish Coffee on Saturday, March 17 at 11 am. A Pot O’ Gold—including an overnight stay at Old Edwards—awaits the winner.
- Complimentary Irish Hors D’oeuvres in the Hummingbird Lounge Friday and Saturday evening from 6 pm to 7 pm.
- Complimentary Irish “after party” hors d’oeuvres in the Hummingbird Lounge Friday and Saturday evening from 10 pm to 11 pm.
- Special turndown amenities throughout the weekend.
Old Edwards invites you to kick it up a notch for St. Patrick’s Day, Old Edwards Style. For more information, call 828-787-2625 or visit the www.oldedwardsinn.com/St.Patricks.
About Old Edwards Inn and Spa (www.oldedwardsinn.com)
- 2011 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards for Best Hotel for Romance in the US and Best Relaxation/Spa Hotel in the US
- Condé Nast Traveler’s #1 Hotel Spa in North America for 2010 with the First Ever Perfect Score in the 20-Year History of the Reader’s Survey
- Forbes Four-Star Rated for both the Resort and The Spa
- AAA Four-Diamond Rated
- Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden has won the Wine Spectator “Award of Excellence” every year since 2005 and the “Best Of” award since 2008.
Old Edwards Inn and Spa cascades along several blocks in downtown Highlands—a cultural mountain village that offers award-winning dining, wine events, art galleries and some of the nation’s top golf resorts. The European style resort welcomes visitors to North Carolina’s high country with its unique blend of relaxed luxury recognized worldwide. A spectacular outdoor heated mineral pool, world class spa, award-winning dining, and golf at the private Old Edwards Club are signature experiences at this full-service mountain resort. Guests are surrounded by the warmth and character of Old-Europe architecture and authentic period antiques. Many rooms, cottages and suites offer private patios or terraces—some with captivating rooftop views of Main Street and downtown Highlands. All of the luxury accommodations include champagne arrival, twice-daily housekeeping, two 24-hour business centers and two 24-hour Butler’s pantries with Dove Bars, fresh fruit and soft beverages. European bedding, fine Italian linens, plush robes & slippers, rainfall showers, heated-tile bathroom floors, in-room safes and Wi-Fi enhance the in-room experience. Old Edwards Inn and Spa also boasts a state-of-the art fitness center with wellness classes that include guided hikes into the scenic surrounding mountains known as “waterfall country.”
Guests enjoy onsite shopping at the Spa Boutique, Acorn’s Boutique or Acorn’s Annex featuring fine antiques and home accessories. Dining venues include Madison ’s Restaurant and Wine Garden serving innovative New South Cuisine, The Rib Shack and Sports Corner, the Spa Café and the Poolside Bar and Bistro. Special events and weddings take place at The Farm—a lushly landscaped Old Edwards property located one mile from downtown Highlands featuring The Barn, the Farmhouse with luxury lodging, Bridal Pavilion, Bridal Bridge over a scenic pond and outdoor events pavilion. The Old Edwards Executive Conference Center provides a catered corporate retreat venue.
Also introduced in 2009 was Satulah, Old Edwards Private Residences, which includes 14 luxury mountain homes just two blocks off Main Street, Highlands. The Forbes Four-Star, AAA Four-Diamond resort is located at 445 Main Street in Highlands, NC.